Genuine Scotchgard Fabric Protector
To complement our carpet and upholstery cleaning, J. Brightwell Carpet Cleaning offers genuine Scotchgard fabric protector.
It’s always a pleasure to see how bright and clean your carpets look right after they’ve been professionally cleaned. Now you can keep them looking fresh and new longer by asking for Scotchgard protection.
Applying Scotchgard protector you your carpet or upholstery assures you of the best protection possible against re-soiling and stains. Scotchgard delivers its protection by forming a molecular shield around each carpet fiber. This shield lowers the surface energy of the carpet fibers causing them to repel liquid spills and dust and dirt. This helps prevent dirt and stains from being ground into or absorbed by the fibers.
Scotchgard uses technology to provide more repellency than any other carpet protector. It repels most liquids, allowing spills to be removed before staining and wicking can occur. Dirt and stains cling to untreated carpet and quickly become embedded in the fibers. Scotchgard keeps dirt from sticking to the fibers, making carpets easier to care for.
Major carpet manufacturers recommend the application of Scotchgard after each cleaning. With an application of Scotchgard carpet protector, you have the assurance your carpet is protected with a premium, quality product. The next time you have your carpets professionally cleaned, be sure to ask for Scotchgard carpet protector.
Add genuine Scotchgard carpet protector to your cleaning and receive our Spot & Spill warranty!
2 primary ways that factory protector is removed from a carpet…
- Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years, depending on traffic, abrasion caused by regular foot traffic and vacuuming will remove a significant amount of the protector and reduce its effectiveness.
- High alkaline cleaner. Some carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip away it’s protection.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Our company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors. We apply 3M Scotchgard Protector
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. We thoroughly groom the carpet after applying the protector.
6 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector
- Protector reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively, therefore helping you to avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
- Your carpet will look better and last longer when it is protected.